Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I could not get Zaar to accept Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet - these are newer in the refrigerated dough section. This recipe is from Pillsbury. A nice, easy and quick recipe for those times you need a dessert in under a hour. We had them plain but would also be nice with ice cream or whipped topping on top.
- 8 ounces pastry dough, sheet (Pillsbury Crescent Recipe Creations refrigerated flaky dough sheet, see description above)
- 3 cups chopped peeled cooking apples (I used 3 green medium apples)
- 1⁄2 cup caramel topping
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray 13 x 9 inch (3 quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- Unroll dough; press in bottom and 1/2 inch up sides of pan.
- Sprinkle apples over dough.
- In 1 quart saucepan, heat caramel topping and 1/4 cup flour to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- Drizzle over apples.
- In medium bowl, mix brown sugar, flour, oats and cinnamon.
- With pastry blender, cut in butter, until mixture looks like fine crumbs.
- Sprinkle evenly over apples.
- Sprinkle pecans evenly over top.
- Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until top is golden brown and apples are tender.
We loved these bars! I used granny smith apples, and the tart with the sweet from the caramel was a match made in heaven! These will be requested again. Thank you for sharing!