Apple Cinnamon Streusel Bars
- Ready In:
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Butter a nonstick square about 10 inches square, or blouse with foil.
- Combine together the graham cracker crumbs, flour, brown sugar, sugar and cinnamon in large bowl.
- Add melted butter and mix with fork until all the mixture is moist.
- Reserve 1 1/4 cups of this mixture into a bowl and squeeze the rest at the bottom of prepared pan.
- Spoon the apples into small pieces on the bottom of cookies.
- Sprinkle then 1 1/4 cups of reserved dough over apples, like a crumble.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until apples are tender and the streusel, lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Combine the milk and then the powdered sugar in a small bowl and mix with a spoon until well blended.
- Decorate the bar, dropping the icing on the mesh surface.
- Cut into bars and serve at room temperature.
- Store bars in an airtight container.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm 23 years old and I live in Trinidad. One of the islands in the Caribbean. I love baking and have a major sweet tooth but I am trying to cook more savoury foods and I am enjoying trying new recipes. Recently I have come to love photographing the food I make. Too bad they don't all come out photo worthy, but at least they still taste good! lol <img src=http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/SuperBowlSTKR.jpg> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/TeaSuppers-STKR.jpg">