I made this the other night for a pot luck dinner and it went down well. Personally I found it a bit too sweet so you may want to reduce the sugar in the pudding batter (but I don't really have a sweet tooth). This also works well for a crowd, you just need a very large baking dish. I found this recipe Delicous magazine July 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly butter a 2.5-litre baking dish.
- 2Place apples in the prepared dish.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer, add caster sugar, milk, butter and egg, then beat until pale. Spread mixture over the apples.
- 4Place muscovado, golden syrup and 300ml water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil without stirring.
- 5Pour over the pudding batter, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve with cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 201.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 88.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g