Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I made this the other night for a pot luck dinner and it went down well. Personally I found it a bit too sweet so you may want to reduce the sugar in the pudding batter (but I don't really have a sweet tooth). This also works well for a crowd, you just need a very large baking dish. I found this recipe Delicous magazine July 2005
- Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly butter a 2.5-litre baking dish.
- Place apples in the prepared dish.
- Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer, add caster sugar, milk, butter and egg, then beat until pale. Spread mixture over the apples.
- Place muscovado, golden syrup and 300ml water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil without stirring.
- Pour over the pudding batter, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve with cream.