I made this the other night for a pot luck dinner and it went down well. Personally I found it a bit too sweet so you may want to reduce the sugar in the pudding batter (but I don't really have a sweet tooth). This also works well for a crowd, you just need a very large baking dish. I found this recipe Delicous magazine July 2005
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 180°C Lightly butter a 2.5-litre baking dish.
- 2Place apples in the prepared dish.
- 3Sift flour and baking powder into the bowl of an electric mixer, add caster sugar, milk, butter and egg, then beat until pale. Spread mixture over the apples.
- 4Place muscovado, golden syrup and 300ml water in a saucepan. Stir over medium heat until sugar dissolves, then bring to the boil without stirring.
- 5Pour over the pudding batter, then bake for 30-35 minutes or until the top is golden. Serve with cream.
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Caramel Apple Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 826.1
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 124.9 mg
- Sodium 201.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 152.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.6 g
- Sugars 88.1 g
- Protein 9.4 g