Baked Caramel Apple Pudding
photo by a a.6886
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups coarsely chopped apples (with or without peels)
- 3⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter or 1/4 cup margarine
- 3⁄4 cup boiling water
- For pudding: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, milk, and apples in a medium mixing bowl until well blended.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread in a greased 1 1/2 quart casserole or 1-9 inch square or round, greased, metal baking pan.
- For sauce: Mix brown sugar, butter, and water. Stir until butter is melted.
- Pour sauce over pudding batter and bake for 40-50 minutes until brown and set.
- Serve with ice cream, heavy whipped cream or let it stand on it's own.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe seemed fine except for the dangerous fact that you didn’t state it could overflow even in the right size pan! I bake regularly and I did all the proportions properly and my oven started smoking because the sauce was running over the pan! Please adjust your recipe to tell people to put a pan under in case this happens.
I messed up this recipe. I thought the sauce was added after the pudding part was cooked. The pudding had cooked 15 minutes before I added the sauce. It still turned out good. I reduced it down to 3 servings. I let it cook 25 minutes rather that the time the recipe called for. It was still good and deserving of the 5 star rating I am giving it. I will try it again cooking it the right way.