Recipe by JackieOhNo!
This is another tradition on my Thanksgiving table, which is actually pretty easy to prepare, using caramel-apple dip found in your grocery's produce department!
Top Review by LotusGurl
I'm trying this recipe out tonight! It's in the oven... so easy to make & smells delicious! Had some apples ripe on our tree, jar of caramel & had a major Halloween craving for caramel apples... so, wallah! Will share the results! (Used an easy pie crust recipe from this site).
- 1 unbaked pie shell
- 236.59 ml granulated sugar
- 59.14 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml ground cinnamon
- 1419.54 ml peeled and coarsely chopped apples (I used Cortland or Empire)
- 118.29 ml caramel apple dip
- 29.58 ml milk
- 236.59 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml packed brown sugar
- 118.29 ml butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine granulated sugar, 1/4 cup flour, and cinnamon. Add the apples and toss to coat. Transfer to unbaked pie shell.
- Combine 2 tablespoons of the caramel-apple dip and the milk; drizzle over the apple filling.
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 cup flour with brown sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling. Cover edge of pie with foil to prevent overbrowning. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes more or until golden. Cool 10 minutes. Drizzle remaining caramel dip over top. Cool pie on a wire rack, then serve.