Apple Pear Crumble Pie
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup nilla vanilla wafer, crushed (about 24 wafers)
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 125 g half of 250g package philadelphia brick cream cheese, softened
- 1 frozen deep dish pie shell, thawed
- 2 large baking apples, peeled, sliced
- 1 large fresh pear, peeled, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1⁄4 cups Cool Whip, thawed
- Preheat oven to 375°F Mix wafer crumbs, brown sugar, and butter until well blended; set aside.
- Spread cream cheese carefully onto bottom of pie shell; sprinkle with half of the crumb mixture. Set aside. combine fruit in a large bowl. Add granulated sugar, flour and cinnamon; toss to coat. Spoon over crumb layer in pie shell; sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture.
- Bake 45 minutes or until fruit is tender and pie shell is lightly browned, covering loosely with foil after 25 minutes, if necessary to prevent crust from overbrowning. Cool on wire rack. Serve topped with the whipped topping. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a 56 year old Gramma that, for the first time in my life, has purchase myself a computer, and I didn't know what i was missing!! <br> <br>I have a husband tha I adore, and 4 grandchildren that of course surpass all others - lol - I am disabled, and am an at home person, so I have a lot of time on my hands, to play with my recipes, and I am enjoying every bit of it - <br>My husband will eat anything that I cook, so I have carte blanche as far as that goes, so I have a great time trying out new recipes. <br> <br>Paula Deen has published some of my favorite cookbooks, her recipes are easy and quick to do. Her sweets are fantastics, especially her pound cakes, Yummm <br> <br>I guess the dish that I am famous for is my Christmas ham - my family all comes home for Christmas, and if i don't have my ham they are dissapointed, and my grandson wants the pistachio squares!!! so I guess that is the dishes that I'm famous for.