Caramel-Apple French Toast (Vegan)
- Cook the sugar in a large, dry skillet over medium-low heat. Stir constantly with a wooden spoon until melted and beginning to caramelize.
- Continue to stir and add the vegan butter. Once the sugar and vegan butter/margarine are combined, fold in the apple. Stir until smooth.
- When the caramel sauce starts to form around the apples, pour in the maple syrup. Stir occasionally and let simmer for 10 minutes or until fork-tender. Remove from the direct heat and keep warm.
- Whisk together the soy milk, flour, cinnamon, and vanilla.
- Dip the bread in the batter, turning to coat both sides.
- Cook in a nonstick skillet until golden brown and top with the caramel apples.