Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is great because it is simple to make, and is a lighter choice if you're looking to incorporate fruit. (especially for kids) they love it!! Tastes just like a caramel apple!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 3⁄4-1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped peanuts
- granny smith apple, cut into wedges
- Mix together softened cream cheese with brown sugar then add vanilla until all is well blended and there are no lumps.
- Cover and chill at least 2 hours or even better over-night!
- Arrange apple wedges around bowl of dip, and serve chopped peanuts in another bowl for'dipping' The ingredients sound a bit strange, but trust me it is quite delicious and a great hit at parties!
Delicious & nutritious! I used light cream cheese to lower the fat content. I have to admit that everyone was a little skeptical about the flavour combinations but very pleasantly surprised once they tasted it. We each put some apples, dip & peanuts on our own plates so we could do lots of "double-dipping".
Although this recipe was quite easy and kid-friendly, I found that most of the kids prefer the apples plain. The dip was quite thick and a little too cumbersome. Not terrible, but we won't try it again.
Noticed this recipe was not rated, so, being familiar with it and loving it, thought I'd rate it for you. I have had this recipe for years....every time I serve it someone requests the recipe! It is easy and YUMMY! I use the lesser amount of brown sugar and only 1/2 c. of chopped peanuts..and then mix all the ingredients together..but I do like the idea of keeping the peanuts separate for "dipping" and may try it the next time I make this. Thanks for posting!