- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, cut into small pieces
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely broken peanut brittle (such as Planters)
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced peeled granny smith apples (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 1⁄2 cups sliced peeled rome apples (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1⁄3 cup fat-free caramel topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
- Combine flour and sugars in a bowl; cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture is crumbly. Add peanut brittle; toss well.
- Combine apples and syrup in a bowl; toss well.
- Spoon apple mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or 1 1/2-quart casserole. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
- Bake at 375° for 45 minutes or until golden brown.