Recipe by Please Delete
Great sauce for ribs or wings. I prefer this version of my sauce for ribs though. I like my ribs very saucy, so you might want to half it if your not a big sauce fan.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 4 tablespoons ginger
- 3 teaspoons of minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 4 tablespoons orange zest
- 2 cups fresh orange juice
- 1 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 4 tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the oil in a small pan over low heat.
- Add the onion, ginger and garlic stirring, cook till wilted, about 5-8 minutes.
- Add the orange zest and juice, molasses, maple syrup, ketchup, honey, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to simmer until the sauce is thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Strain the glaze through a sieve, saving the solids.
- Mince the solids and return to glaze and cool slightly.
- Ready to coat ribs or wings.