Recipe by Sweet Diva MJ
I am gradually going through my collection and finding so many treasures and memories as I do! I made this so long ago - and I can remember it just like I made it last week! I made it for one of my DH's first Father's Days and everyone who had it raved over it. Cool, creamy cinnamon-laced vanilla ice cream, topped with a layer of crushed chocolate cookies, then topped with a layer of coffee ice cream. It couldn't be any easier to make, it's no bake, and it makes a lovely presentation! I think I can even taste it now.....Man, I've gotta make this again soon! **There's not a serving size on the recipe, so I'm guessing on that....you can also substitute 1 1/2 cups Cool Whip for the heavy whipping cream and 1 Tbsp. sugar.
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, slightly softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 15 chocolate wafer cookies, coarsely crushed
- 2 pints coffee ice cream, slightly softened
- 3⁄4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon sugar
For decoration (optional)
- ground cinnamon
- chocolate-covered coffee beans
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix softened vanilla ice cream and cinnamon in a large bowl until blended.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of an 8-in. springform pan.
- Sprinkle with crushed cookies.
- Spoon coffee ice cream on top and press evenly with the back of the spoon.
- Cover and freeze at least 5 hours, or wrap airtight and freeze up to one month.
- To serve:.
- Run a long thin knife around edge of pan to loosen torte.
- Place on a serving plate and remove sides of pan.
- Beat whipping cream until stiff with 1 tablespoons sugar (if using).
- Spoon whipped cream (or Cool Whip) into a zipper-type gallon size plastic bag. Snip off a corner and pipe small dollops of cream around edge of torte.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and decorate with coffee-bean candies if desired.