Chocolate Cappuccino Torte
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Delicate enough to impress the in-laws....Decadent enough for a romantic dinner date with your other half!
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- 2⁄3 cup hazelnuts, toasted and ground
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 4 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄3 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 3⁄4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons 10% cream
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9" round pan, line bottom with parchment.
- Mix together ground nuts, flour and instant coffee; set aside.
- Melt butter and chocolate chips together in microwave until chips are melted; whisk until smooth. Cool 15 min's then stir in sugar.
- Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each. Stir in nut mixture.
- Spread into pan and bake (on middle rack) 30-35 min's or until centre in set. Let cool 10 minute then remove from pan to a wire rack and cool completely. (*Note: at this point you can wrap and store the cake in the fridge for up to one week).
- Glaze: melt butter and chocolate chips together in microwave until chips are melted, whisk smooth. Stir in cream amd mix well; cool until slightly thickened.
- To Glaze: Place wax paper under cake on wire rack and pour glaze on top of cake letting it run over the sides to cover.
- Chill at least 8 hours to set glaze.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION