Recipe by Hungry Chefs
This is a wonderful chessecake bar with a mild coffee flavor. It is so divine and a beautiful dish to serve. From Bon Appetit, October 2010.
- 9 whole graham crackers, broken up
- 1⁄4 cup sugar, plus
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chilled unsalted butter, diced
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream, plus
- 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 large egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Butter 11x7x1 1/2-inch metal baking pan.
- Grind graham crackers with 1/4 cup sugar in processor to small crumbs.
- Add 1/4 cup butter and 1 1/2 teaspoons espresso powder. Blend until crumbs are moist and stick together.
- Transfer 1/2 cup crumb mixture to pie dish for crumb topping. Press remaining mixture onto bottom of prepared metal baking pan. Bake Crumbs in pan and pie dish until golder, 10 minutes.
- Cool 10 minutes. Maintain oven temperature.
- Meanwhile, stir remaining 5 teaspoons espresso powder, 1 tablespoon cream, and vanilla in small bowl until coffee dissolves.
- Beat cream cheese in large bowl until smooth. Add 2/3 cup sugar and beat to blend. Beat in coffee mixture, then egg.
- Spread filling evenly over crust in metal baking pan. Bake until set, about 25 minutes.
- Chill uncovered until cold and firm, at least 2 hours up to one day.
- Beat one cup cream in medium bowl until firm peaks form.
- Cut cheesecake lengthwise into three strips. Cut each strip into 5 bars.
- Transfer bars to platter.
- Dollop whipped cream atop each bar.
- Sprinkle with crisp crumb mixture from pie dish.