Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from the Sept 08 issue of Cook's Country. I made this for a family bbq over the summer and everyone loved it. It's suggested to use a mild blue cheese, such as a gorgonzola, in this recipe. If you don't have a melon baller, cut the melon into 1-inch pieces. Toast the pecans in a dry skillet over medium heat, shaking often until golden, about five minutes.
- 2 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small cantaloupes, halved and seeded
- 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and chopped
- For the dressing: Combine lime zest and juice, honey, basil and pepper in medium bowl. Gradually whisk in olive oil.
- For the salad: Using 1-inch melon baller, scoop out cantaloupe and transfer melon balls to large bowl.
- Add cheese and pecans.
- Drizzle dressing over salad and toss until well coated.
- Season with salt, serve and enjoy!
Interesting flavors, I wasn't sure about the lime/blue cheese pairing but it was really good and a great way to add a little spring-time to a winter meal. I served this with grilled ham and garlic-mashed potatoes.