Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
A lovely summer pie. A homemade vanilla wafer pie crust or purchased vanilla cookie crust is best. Chill time is 6 hours.
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1⁄2 small ripe cantaloupe, seeded and cut with flesh cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 3⁄4 cup heavy cream
- 1 (9 inch) prepared pie crusts (Vanilla Wafer Crust #133932)
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup blueberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the cold water to a small bowl; sprinkle the gelatin on top.
- Let the gelatin stand to dissolve.
- Add the melon and sugar to the container of a food processor; process until smooth.
- Add in the yogurt and cream; pulse 1 or 2 times to combine.
- Put 1-inch of water in a small saucepan and bring to a bare simmer.
- Place the bowl containing the gelatin on top of the simmering water water (as you would with a double boiler) and heat, whisking constantly, 30 seconds to 1 minute, just until the gelatin melts.
- With the food processor running, scrape the gelatin mixture through the feed tube into the melon mixture; process to combine.
- Transfer the filling into the prepared pie shell.
- Scatter berries evenly over the melon mixture.
- Cover the pie with plastic wrap and refrigerate until the filling is completely set--at least 6 hours and up to 1 day.