Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
From mom. We almost never make actual cannolis with it, though (too much trouble to make or buy the shells.) It's good served dip-style with broken up waffle ice cream cones. My dad likes it on waffles for breakfast. My mom uses it as a filling for her 'Chocolate Cherry Cannoli Cake.' Cooking time is for soaking the nuts.
- 1 lb ricotta cheese
- 3⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons orange extract
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sherry wine (or any dry white wine)
- orange zest (optional)
- lemon zest (optional)
- Soak pecans in extracts, vanilla, and sherry (may add lemon and orange zest).
- Mix all ingredients together.