Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is an Emeril recipe that I modified to my tastes. It's really easy and a great side dish if you want to stray from the same old rice or potatoes. I usually cook chicken breasts in the pan first and use the oil/drippings as my starting base.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 4 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- dry white wine
- parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic, and cook until soft and fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add beans, lemon juice, salt, pepper, italian seasonings, and a splash of white wine, and cook, stirring until softened and warmed through and liquid has reduced, about 3 minutes.
- Serve warm with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese.
Loved this recipe - we love bean dishes and this one was a pleasure to prepare and eat! I added the lemon juice at the end, for a nice fresh splash of flavor. Will definitely make this again, it's a keeper - great for a vegetarian dinner with some crusty bread and a salad or as a side dish to pasta. Made for ZWT7 Dinner and a Movie Part II and the HOT PINK LADIES.
I cut this recipe in half and used garbanzo bean (chickpeas) rather than cannellini beans since my family prefers them and served the Parmesan cheese on the side so that everyone could add as much as they liked. This is a nice, quick vegetarian entree. Made for ZWT7
Needed something quick and carb-y, to serve with cheese burgers for DH and me. Went together in a flash and was very tasty. I can see this as a regular side. Thanks for posting.