Recipe by Hey Jude
This stuff is addictive! I love making these nuts to have out for company but have to have someone hide them from me or I'll eat them all before our guests arrive! Recipe from the Chicago Sun-Times
Top Review by Barb G.
You are right these are ADDICTIVE. So yummy and so easy to make.Can hardly wait to put some out for guest I am sure they will be a hit as they are with us. Thank you Judy for another delicious recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts or 1 1⁄2 cups whole almonds or 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves (raw or roasted)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with foil; butter the foil and set aside.
- In a 10-inch, heavy skillet combine nuts, sugar, butter and vanilla; cook over medium-high heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar begins to melt Do Not Stir.
- Reduce heat to low; continue cooking until sugar is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat; pour nut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet; cool completely and break into clusters.
- Store tightly covered in the fridg for up to 3 weeks.