1/2 Photos of Candy Apple Cake
This tastes just like the red candy apples that we are all so familiar with. The apples are cooked in a mixture that includes red hot cinnamon candies, then placed in the bottom of a baking pan and topped with the yellow sour cream cake batter. Cake is inverted over a serving platter when done and the red apple topping makes for a great presentation. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup red-hot candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon red food coloring
- 4 granny smith apples, cored and coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 350° and spray a 13x9 baking pan with non stick spray.
- 2In a large saucepan, combine the cinnamon candies, sugar, 1/2 cup of apple juice and food coloring and heat over high heat, stirring constantly until candy dissolves.
- 3Add apples and bring to a boil, reduce heat and stir occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until apples are tender.
- 4Spoon filling into baking pan.
- 5In a medium bowl, combine all cake ingredients and mix well.
- 6Spoon over the apple mixture, spreading to completely cover the apples.
- 7Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- 8Allow to cool slightly, then invert over a large serving platter.
- 9Cool completely, then cut into squares to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Candy Apple Cake
Serving Size: 1 (168 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 402.7
- Calories from Fat 108
- Total Fat 12.0 g
- Saturated Fat 4.2 g
- Cholesterol 53.4 mg
- Sodium 506.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 49.9 g
- Protein 4.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: