Red-Hot Candy Popcorn
photo by Brooke the Cook in
- Ready In:
- 1hr 40mins
- Place popcorn in a large bowl (I used my tupperware that's a bowl make sure bowl is large enough to hold all the popcorn) set aside.
- In a non stick saucepan, combine butter, corn syrup and candies; bring to a boil over medium heat stirring constantly.
- Boil for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over popcorn and mix thoroughly (be careful very hot) Turn into two greased 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking pans.
- Bake at 250 for 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from pans and place on waxed paper to cool.
- Break apart and store in air tight containers.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I make this every year for Christmas, this year was no exception! It's fun, easy, looks beautiful, keeps well and can be very addicting... but that's OK, cuz it makes a huge batch! Instead of two 15x10 baking pans, I use my big roaster with handles and tall sides, it works perfectly and not a single kernel escapes over the sides! I typically use 1 1/4 cups of popcorn kernels and everything gets coated very nicely and fits inside the roasting pan very well.