- 1 1⁄2 cups raw cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups roasted cashews or 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts or 1 1⁄2 cups almonds or 1 1⁄2 cups pecan halves
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Butter the foil; set baking sheet aside.
- In a 10" heavy skillet combine nuts, sugar, butter and vanilla.
- Cook over medium-high heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar begins to melt.
- Do not stir.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Continue cooking until sugar is golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Remove skillet from heat.
- Pour nut mixture onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Cool completely.
- Break into clusters.
- Store tightly covered in a refrigerator foro up to 3 weeks.