Recipe by dojemi
If you love nuts...................
Top Review by Chef Oui Oui
I started making spiced nuts for gifts last year and decided to change the recipe. I tried this recipe and another to see which would be used this year. Your recipe was EXCELLENT! It reminded me of the ones you get from the street vendors in NYC. This recipe is easy and certainly is a keeper.
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 cups roasted salted mixed nuts
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cinnamon or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the egg and water till frothy.
- Stir in nuts.
- Combine sugar and cinnamon.
- Add egg mixture to sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- In a lightly buttered shallow pan spread mixture.
- Bake (in middle of oven) at 250 degrees for 50 minutes.
- Cool 1/2 hour and break into chunks.
- Will keep 5-days in tight container.