Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe makes for a simple, maple-rich cookie! Cooking time is calculated on the baking of one sheet of 15 cookies at a time.
Top Review by wicked cook 46
What a wonderful version of a sugar cookie. My dough was very sticky so I had to add extra flour ( it was very humid here) after 1/2 a cup extra was still very sticky so I chilled the dough. That worked out perfect. I thought for sure i was back at the sugar camp when these were baking YUM. They are such a simple wonderful cookies. A little crunch on the outside from the sugar and wonderfully tender on the inside. I used REAL Canadian Maple syrup. Definite keeper and one of the Divine recipes for us. Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease several cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar; add egg, maple syrup and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Sift or whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; add this mixture to creamed mixture and stir until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place balls on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes; remove and let cool on a wire rack.