This recipe makes for a simple, maple-rich cookie! Cooking time is calculated on the baking of one sheet of 15 cookies at a time.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease several cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar; add egg, maple syrup and vanilla, mixing until well blended.
- Sift or whisk together flour, baking soda and salt; add this mixture to creamed mixture and stir until well blended.
- Shape into 1 inch balls and roll in sugar.
- Place balls on cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes; remove and let cool on a wire rack.
This recipe made a lot of cookies. My kids really enjoyed the maple/sugar taste. YUM.
As a Canadian and a maple syrup lover, I can say that these are excellent cookies! I thought that 1 cup of syrup would be too much but it's the perfect amount. We all give these an easy 5 stars! Made for Went to the Market tag game. Thanks Syd! :)
Wonderful cookies! I didn't roll them in the sugar, as DH and I were tag teaming on a marathon cookie baking expedition and I forgot to tell him to do that... bummer, because I had maple sugar specifically for them! Ah well, they're delicious nonetheless! Thanks, Syd - this is a fantastic recipe! Made for Zaar Stars.