Homemade Maple Syrup Cookies
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
These are faintly sweet, with a hint of maple syrup flavoring. You can add a small extra amount of maple syrup for more flavoring. Got this recipe while shopping at Amish Acres here in Indiana.
- Ready In:
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Dissolve baking soda in the milk in a small bowl, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix the egg, shortening, syrup, flour, baking powder, salt, and vanilla in that order until fluffy and combined.
- The dough will be very thick, and sticky. Add the soda mixture and mix well until fully blended.
- Drop the dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake until the cookies are set, and are honey brown about 10-12 minutes.
- Let the cookies cool for a couple minutes, then remove from baking sheet.
- The cookies will remain soft when stored in an airtight container.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION