Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This meal is made with packaged or easy storage ingredients to accommodate the limited resources of a cook using a campfire or recreation vehicle kitchen.
- 1 (12 ounce) canof hormel's Spam
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 tablespoon diced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups cooked pasta
- Dice the Spam, and saute in the olive oil in a large frying pan.
- Stir until most of the fat from the meat has come out.
- Add the onion and continue to stir until nearly transparent.
- Add the garlic, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, water, and catsup.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the Spam and sauce is cooking, prepare the pasta according to the package.
- Add basil and black pepper and stir until the diced tomatoes have started to soften.
- Drain the pasta and add to the frying pan, toss and serve.
I made this for dinner last night and it was a big hit! And very easy. Instead of the diced tomatoes, I substituted Mild Ro-Tel. It added the perfect spicey edge.