Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I saw Chicken With Camembert which I liked the sound of, but decided to try the idea of a parmigiana stuffed with Camembert. I thought it came out really well and the Camembert did give a good flavour burst in the middle that went well with the sauce.
- 2 (250 g) chicken breast fillets, skinless
- 50 g camembert cheese
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons garlic, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon tarragon, dried
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C / 350°F.
- Cut pocket into thickest part of chicken breast and stuff with slices of Camembert cheese. Put it well into the middle and press down the outer edges to keep it together.
- Lightly beat together egg, garlic, onion powder and tarragon in a bowl.
- Dip chicken breasts in egg mix and roll in breadcrumbs to coat.
- Place chicken in a foil lined baking dish and place in oven on a lower rack for 35 minutes.
- Remove and spread pasta sauce evenly over the top, and sprinkle with parmesan.
- Return to oven on a higher rack (but not too close to the top) for around 15 minutes until cheese has melted.
This was a quick, easy recipe--perfect for a mid week meal, as it involves very little prep. The proportion of ingredients easily suited my 3 chicken breasts and we really packed in the camembert so I didnt have the trouble of it spilling out. I thought the dish was good and that the taste of the tarragon really came through. DH didn't care for the chicken/camembert combination that much, despite the fact that we like camembert on its own. Oh well. I also used a fra diavolo sauce, which gave the dish a little kick. Thank you for a quick, easy dinner!
Russ cooked this tonight Peter, so I'm reviewing it as a (bossy and inquisitive) diner ;-) He used turkey breast cutlets and fresh thyme rather than tarragon as I don't like it. The turkey came out of the oven super moist and we both loved our dinner thank you!
Yummy and easy to prepare, kept to the recipe and we all enjoyed this parmigiana. Some of the Camembert creep out of the chicken, but it didn't matter because the crispy Camembert had a nice flavour. Thanks for posting the recipe Peter J