1/3 Photos of Cambridge Favorite Cake
Frost this lovely vanilla cake with the icing of your choice. From the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Line 3 9" cake pans with parchment or waxed paper and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Sift dry ingredients together.
- 3Cream butter and1 cup of the sugar together until light and fluffy.
- 4Beat egg whites to stiff peaks.
- 5Beat egg yolks with remaining sugar and add to butter mixture.
- 6Add dry ingredients to batter alternately with the milk; beat thoroughly.
- 7Add the vanilla and fold in the egg whites.
- 8Pour into prepared pans and bake for 30 minutes or until cakes test done.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cambridge Favorite Cake
Serving Size: 1 (92 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 365.4
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 91.9 mg
- Sodium 372.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 56.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 6.3 g