Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Southern Mexico dish
Make and share this Camarones a la Barra recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb cooked and shelled shrimp
- 2 cups mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups Spanish rice, cooked
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Saute garlic in butter until lightly browned.
- Add shrimp and mushrooms.
- Saute until shrimp are pink.
- Add mayonnaise and ketchup, and enough tomato juice to cover shrimp and mushrooms.
- Stir to mix and allow to heat through.
- In a casserole dish, layer rice then grated cheese, then the la Barra sauce.
- Add sliced tomatoes, avocado slices, and/ or sour cream as garnish if desired.