Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
This new twist on a traditional pizza recipe is a cinch to make and a treat to eat. All you need is a bread machine and a few simple ingredients including White Flour and bread machine yeast. Start with the basics like pizza sauce and shredded mozzarella cheese, and create your own personal calzone. Stuff with sliced pepperoni, mushrooms, green pepper, ham, cheese or if you're feeling more adventurous, hot chili peppers. Serve with salad for a fun and delicious meal that both you and your kids will love.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 cups white bread flour
- 4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- 1⁄2 cup seasoned pizza sauce or 1⁄2 cup pasta sauce
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pepperoni, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, sliced
- ADD ingredients for dough to machine according to manufacturer’s directions.
- SELECT Dough Cycle.
- When dough cycle is complete, remove dough to floured surface.
- Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- DIVIDE dough into 8 equal portions.
- On floured surface, roll each portion to 6" circle.
- Spread 1 tbsp sauce evenly over bottom half of each round leaving a 1" border uncovered at edge.
- Sprinkle remaining fillings over sauce, dividing evenly.
- Fold dough over filling to make half-circles.
- Pinch or crimp edges to seal; prick tops several times with fork or sharp knife.
- Place on baking sheet, greased or sprinkled with cornmeal.
- BAKE at 400°F on center oven rack for 25-30 minutes.
- Let stand for 10 minutes before serving.