California Roll in a Bowl
- 1 cup brown rice (1/2 c dry) or 1 cup jasmine rice, cooked (1/2 c dry)
- 1 head butter or 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 8 ounces imitation crabmeat or 8 ounces cooked shrimp, chopped
- 1 seedless cucumber, thinly sliced (and peeled if not organic)
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1 carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons pickled ginger, chopped (available in the Asian section of most supermarkets)
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- wasabi powder (start with 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (toasted if want a nuttier flavor)
- 1 large sheets nori, toasted and broken into small pieces (seaweed)
- Combine all ingredients for dressing in a small bowl and whisk ingredients together.
- Divide clean, dry and chopped lettuce among four large bowls. Top with rice, crab meat, avocado, cucumber, carrot and ginger. Drizzle dressing over salads, then top with sesame seeds and nori. Serve immediately.