Recipe by Rhionon
Not your normal burger by any stretch of the imagination, but for a sushi lover these are great. Wonderful served with an asian inspired coleslaw. You can also use real crabmeat when you are feeling extravagant.
Top Review by iris5555
I just estimated quantities and ended up with a thick breadcrumb egg mixture. This worked quite well in patty formation and I didn't bother to roll the patties into more breadcrumbs. The avocado and cucumber were great additions.
For the Burgers
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb surimi (imitaion crabmeat)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 crusty rolls
- 1 cup thinly sliced cucumber
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled,pitted and sliced
For the Wasabi Mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1⁄4 cup light mayonnaise
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, beat eggs, stir in 1/3 cup of the bread crumbs, onions salt, pepper, mix in the imitation crabmeat.
- Shape into 4 1/2 nch thick patties, sprinkle remaining bread crumbs in a shallow dish, dip patties into crumbs, turning and patting to coat.
- In a non stick skillet, heat oil over medium heat; fry patties turning once, until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Mix to gether the mayonnaise ingredients, spread about 1/4 on each of the rolls, layer cucumber, patties then avocado on the bottom half of roll, sandwich with top.