Prep 20 mins
Cook 43 mins
Who doesn't love California Pizza Kitchen? You can make these in about one hour in your own kitchen! If you need to maximize time and don't want to make all at once you can prepare the chicken, sauce and grate the cheeses in the morning. When you're ready to serve, simply roll and bake. (Recipe courtesy of http://fooddownunder.com)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 large red onion, cut into rings
- 1⁄2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons horseradish cream
- 1⁄2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- [CHICKEN: prepare in advance, if desired].
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, honey, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- Marinate chicken breast in mixture at room temperature for 10 minutes. Broil chicken until cooked through (8 minutes). Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside or refrigerate.
- [ONIONS: prepare in advance, if desired].
- In a small frying pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- Add onion; sprinkle with brown sugar. Stir. Reduce heat to low. Allow onions to wilt thoroughly and turn light brown (about 20 minutes).
- [HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE: prepare in advance if desired].
- In a small bowl, mix sour cream, horseradish sauce, and salt and pepper. Set aside or refrigerate.
- [SPRING ROLLS: Final step].
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with butter.
- Turn the tortillas over and evenly distribute the following over a 1 to 2 inch strip just below the center of the tortilla: horseradish cream sauce, mozzarella, chicken, onions, Gouda, barbecue sauce, and cilantro.
- Roll each tortilla tightly jelly-roll style. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until slightly browned and heated through (5 minutes).
- Remove from oven and cut diagonally in 3 pieces. Serve with remaining horseradish cream and/or your favorite salsa.
I liked these. They were loaded with lots of great strong flavor. I personally think there was a little too much sauce and that I could have left out the gouda (just a little too many competing flavors). I did make the mistake of over stuffing the rolls, so it made them a little messey. Thanks for sharing.
Made these for my fiancee and he loooooved them! I prepared the chicken, sauce and grated the cheeses in the morning, and put it together when he came home. Serve with a salad and it makes a complete meal.
These are excellent! Made them for a late dinner last night. Great snack idea. Next time think I will prepare everything in advance and assemble when ready. Very time consuming. Will make again!