1 hr 3 mins
Petite Mommy's Note:
Who doesn't love California Pizza Kitchen? You can make these in about one hour in your own kitchen! If you need to maximize time and don't want to make all at once you can prepare the chicken, sauce and grate the cheeses in the morning. When you're ready to serve, simply roll and bake. (Recipe courtesy of http://fooddownunder.com)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch cumin
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into rings
- 1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons horseradish sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons horseradish cream
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup shredded gouda cheese
- 6 tablespoons barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons coarsely-chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1[CHICKEN: prepare in advance, if desired].
- 2Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, stir together olive oil, soy sauce, lime juice, cilantro, honey, Worcestershire sauce, cumin, and red pepper flakes.
- 3Marinate chicken breast in mixture at room temperature for 10 minutes. Broil chicken until cooked through (8 minutes). Cut into 1/2 inch cubes. Set aside or refrigerate.
- 4[ONIONS: prepare in advance, if desired].
- 5In a small frying pan, melt butter over medium high heat.
- 6Add onion; sprinkle with brown sugar. Stir. Reduce heat to low. Allow onions to wilt thoroughly and turn light brown (about 20 minutes).
- 7[HORSERADISH CREAM SAUCE: prepare in advance if desired].
- 8In a small bowl, mix sour cream, horseradish sauce, and salt and pepper. Set aside or refrigerate.
- 9[SPRING ROLLS: Final step].
- 10Preheat the oven to 500 degrees. Lightly brush one side of each tortilla with butter.
- 11Turn the tortillas over and evenly distribute the following over a 1 to 2 inch strip just below the center of the tortilla: horseradish cream sauce, mozzarella, chicken, onions, Gouda, barbecue sauce, and cilantro.
- 12Roll each tortilla tightly jelly-roll style. Place seam-side down on baking sheet. Sprinkle with Parmesan. Bake until slightly browned and heated through (5 minutes).
- 13Remove from oven and cut diagonally in 3 pieces. Serve with remaining horseradish cream and/or your favorite salsa.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Pizza Kitchen's Barbecue Chicken Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1037 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 363.9
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 12.6 g
- Cholesterol 56.3 mg
- Sodium 593.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 9.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: