1/1 Photo of California Dreamin' Lamb Burgers
Leslie in Texas's Note:
Here's a tempting alternative to beef burgers and just in time for your summer cookouts! Originally from a food section of a local paper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb lean ground lamb
- 2 tablespoons coarsely grated onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon, zest of, grated
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled and pitted
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain nonfat yogurt
- 4 toasted whole whole wheat rolls or 4 hot dog buns
- 4 slices thick ripe tomatoes, for garnish
- 1/2 cup alfalfa sprout, for garnish
- 1Prepare coals for grilling or heat gas grill.
- 2Lightly combine the lamb, onion, parsley, lemon zest, salt and pepper; form into four patties about 3 1/2 inches in diameter and 1 inch thick.
- 3In a separate bowl, mash the avocado with the lemon juice and yogurt.
- 4Season with salt and pepper and reserve.
- 5Grill the burgers 3 inches from the heat for about 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare meat.
- 6Serve immediately on toasted rolls topped with the reserved avocado mixture, a tomato slice, and alfalfa sprouts.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for California Dreamin' Lamb Burgers
Serving Size: 1 (324 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 501.2
- Calories from Fat 315
- Total Fat 35.0 g
- Saturated Fat 12.8 g
- Cholesterol 83.1 mg
- Sodium 251.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 23.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
lemons, zest of