Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Garnish with sliced avocado, chopped romaine lettuce, and sour cream. If you don't have cooked rice on hand, you can use Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. Cans of chipotles en adobo are available in the Mexican food section of most supermarkets.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chunky salsa, drained and juices reserved
- 1 small chipotle chile, minced (from 1 can of chipotles en adobo)
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups cooked white rice (see note above)
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just beginning to smoke.
- Add black beans, water, reserved salsa juices, chile, and adobo sauce and cook until liquid has evaporated and beans are soft, about 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Using potato masher, mash beans lightly.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place rice in medium microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap, poke holes in plastic, and microwave on high power until hot, about 90 seconds.
- Stir in salsa, chicken, and 1 1/2 cups cheddar.
- Spread one-quarter of black bean mixture down center of each tortilla, leaving 2-inch border at ends.
- Mound rice mixture on beans and fold tortillas to form burritos.
- Transfer to baking sheet, sprinkle with remaining 1 1/2 cups cheddar, and bake until cheese is bubbly, about 10 minutes.