Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
A yummy recipe that is quick and easy to get on the table.
- 8 ounces uncooked dry penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts, strips
- 1 small green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 lb thick sliced deli ham or 1⁄4 lb smoked turkey, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 6 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in 12-inch skillet until sizzling; add chicken strips. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink (5 to 7 minutes). Add green pepper and onion. Cover; continue cooking until vegetables are crisply tender (5 to 7 minutes).
- Add cooked pasta, whipping cream and ham. Cover; continue cooking until heated through (3 to 5 minutes). Stir in cheese, tomatoes, salt and pepper.
I can't believe I haven't rated this, we love this dish. I do use Smart Balance and fat free half & half, but that is the only changes I make. Great dish, love the smoky ham combined with the tomato and peppers.
Oh my goodness! My hubby about flipped when he tasted this. He gave it 2nd place (only to lasanga) and quickly ate up a 2nd and 3rd helping. I did make a few changes: I added red and yellow bell peppers, I used poultry seasoning and salt and pepper while chicken simmered, and I used 1 cup non-fat evaporated milk mixed with 1 tablespoon of cornstarch instead of the cream. Fantastic!
I made this for our very picky 4 year old and was quite pleased that he ate all that I gave him. I did add some small broccoli trees and had to use bow-tie noodles because that was all I had on hand. Thank you for a super quick and easy meal!