Italian Chicken and Penne
photo by DuChick
- Ready In:
- 8 ounces penne pasta, uncooked
- 1 lb boneless chicken breast, cut in 1/2 pieces
- 1 small green pepper, julienned
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup mushroom, sliced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (8 ounce) can pizza sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄3 cup reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions, drain.
- Stir fry the chicken, pepper, onion and garlic in oil until no longer pink.
- Add the pasta, mushrooms, tomatoes, sauce and seasoning; heat through.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with cheese; let stand until melted.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I'm rating this a 4 as written, but can be 5 star and WW core with improvements. I used whole wheat pasta, 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes rather than cherry tomatoes and a small 8 oz. can of tomato sauce with 2 tsp. Italian seasoning rather than pizza sauce. I also chopped up about 6 fresh basil leaves and added black olives and extra garlic. If FF mozzarella is also used, this dish can be WW Core. It's delicious! Thanks Budgiegirl.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have always enjoyed cooking and looking for recipes. I have to admit though, until I joined Weight Watchers four years ago I never did much cooking. Since then it has became vital to do my own cooking and I find I am really good at it. I really enjoy trying new ingredients like Quinoa, Millet, Porktenderloin, hoisin sauce, beans, Textured Vegetable Protein among many other new ingredients. My family has started thinking I am a little weird with all the unusual ingredients I have in my pantry. My passions are my 3 nephews, Matthew, Lucas and Charles and my 8 parrots, Guy, Pete, Toby, Daisy, Zeke, Ernie, Max and Lu. They keep me positive when life takes a nose dive.