Prep 40 mins
Cook 1 hr
This recipe came from a Business Women's Group recipe book in Denver, CO
- 2 (28 ounce) cans baked beans or 2 (28 ounce) cans pork and beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can lima beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish mustard
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 lb hamburger
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- Cut bacon in small pieces.
- Fry bacon, onions, and hamburger until all are just cooked through, not crisp in 6 quart pan.
- Pour off most of the grease and add the rest of the ingredients.
- Stir well and bake at 300°F for 1 hour.
I made these for an outing two weeks ago. Everyone enjoyed them. My recommendation is to use half as much brown sugar. Adding the full amount of brown sugar wwould be too sweet fo me. I did omit the mustard.
This is great! No lima beans in cans or frozen here in Australia, so I used frozen corn - otherwise made as written. Served with a large baked potato and sour cream, yum! Thanks for posting Lavender Lynn
I love beans, so I enjoyed this. I could not find canned lima beans though, so I used white beans. I also don't like bacon (strange, I know), so I left that out. Even without the bacon, the dish was well-flavored and savory. I doubled the serving portion and we had this as a main dish. [made & reviewed for PRMR]