Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are nutritious, high-fibre, and made-ahead muffins are so divine you won't believe they are good for you!
- 2 cups natural bran
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup soy flour (can also sub. chickpea flour)
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (12 ounce) can 2% evaporated milk
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄2 cup chopped dates
- In large bowl, combine bran, all-purpose flour, soy flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and cinnamon.
- In separate bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, oil and molasses.
- Stir egg mixture into bran mixture just until moistened.
- Stir in dates.
- Spoon batter into 18 paper-lined large muffin cups and bake at 400°F (200°C) for 15 to 18 minutes.
- You can also freeze the muffins first, and bake them for your kids in the morning.