- 2 1⁄2 lbs calamari, tubes and tentacles (thawed if frozen)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 2 cups fish stock or 2 cups clam juice or 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 4 cups lightly packed fresh Baby Spinach
- 1⁄4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut calamari tubes into 1/4-inch-thick rings.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion; sauté 3 minutes or until tender and lightly browned.
- Add calamari rings and tentacles, broth, and next 5 ingredients. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- Add spinach, olives, and pine nuts; simmer 8 minutes or until spinach wilts.