Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
We have this on Christmas Eve.
- 3 lbs squid
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- Clean squid and cut into strips.
- Heat oil in sauce pan and brown garlic.
- Add squid, and saute about 10 minutes.
- Add salt,pepper, and wine, and cook about 10 minutes more and add tomatoes and parsley.
- Cover, and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
Only had 1 lb of calamari, but kept other ingredients the same and served over pasta. My husband can't stop talking about how good this dinner was. Thanks for posting this great recipe!
Simply outstanding! My husband is a New York Italian and our Xmas Eve dinner has always been crab sauce. I am a lover of calamari and have been endlessly searching for calamari recipes that my picky husband will eat. I've been eyeballing this recipe for a very long time and am so happy I made it tonight! I doubled the garlic and added a few shakes of crushed red peppers during the sauteeing process. We were in absolute heaven! The calamari was cooked to perfection with this method and even my 3 and 5 year olds had 2 helpings. My husband, the picky one, declared this a total keeper...as did I. WONDERFUL!