Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Really easy to make and really simple. Great as a side with beef or chicken. Takes a little while to cook, though, because the acidity of the tomatoes slows the cooking of the zucchini.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 lb zucchini, sliced (use small, young zucchini)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 canned jalapeno peppers, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- salt, to taste
- Heat the oil in a pot and add all ingredients, except the salt. Bring to simmering, then cover and cook over low heat for about 30 minutes, until the zucchini slices are tender. (Add a little tomato juice, vegetable or chicken broth, or water, if the mixture is drying out.) Season with salt and serve.