Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
I don't like squash, but I love this side dish! I take this to potlucks and I always gets compliments, and requests for the recipe!
- 4 yellow squash, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced onion
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped green chilies
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute squash in butter until tender.
- Reduce heat and add corn, onions, salt, pepper, and green chilies.
- Mix well and add milk.
- Simmer until well blended.
- Pour into a 1-quart casserole dish.
- Top with cheese.
- Cover and bake at 400F for 20 minutes.
This is so good whether you make it with yellow squash or zuccini. Was wonderful with red snapper, sliced tomatoes, and garlic toast. Great recipe!
Wow, I can't believe I'm the first to review this recipe. It's delicious! The combination of squash sauteed in butter with the crunchy corn, and spicy peppers was great, and there was just enough cheese/milk to make it creamy at the same time. I didn't change a thing - it's perfect. I'll definitely make this again.
This was an excellent side dish! My DH and I really enjoyed the combination of ingredients. I sauteed my squash in olive oil and instead of using milk, I substituted a can of Cream of Asparagus Soup and thinned the soup just slightly with 1/2 cup (+) of coffee cream (half & half). I baked it in the oven according to instructions and avoided adding extra cheese. The soup and cream made it rich enough. I have just a little left over for dinner tonight. Thanks, Kim D, for sharing this very nice side dish recipe!