Yelllow Squash Casserole
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a wonderful side dish. Even if you think you don't like squash you will like this. Good to take to a pot luck dinner!
- Ready In:
- 2 lbs yellow squash, diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped fine
- 1 (8 ounce) container sour cream
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 (6 ounce) package Pepperidge Farm herb dressing
- Line 8x8 baking dish with half of Pepperidge Farm dressing.
- Cook squash, carrots and onion in just enough water to cover until tender.
- Drain well.
- Mix sour cream and soup and add drained veggies.
- Pour on top of dressing and top with more dressing.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1/2 hour.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Big hit at my son's birthday picnic yesterday - it was so yummy that family requested that I make it for our Family Reunion on Labor Day. I used half green/yellow squash, and cream of chicken soup. I put the veggies directly on the stuffing, then spread the soup/sour cream mixture on top, then the last layer of stuffing. (It's called NOT reading the directions closely!!). Threw it together in the morning, put in fridge, then baked it right before company came. I was ready to try a new way to cook up all this summer squash - and this hit the spot!!Reply
This is a great squash casserole recipe. I asked DH to try it, and he replied "you know I don't like squash casserole but I will try it." He truly did like it. I, too, used a larger baking pan, used cream of chicken soup and topped it with crushed cheese crackers. It was a great hit. Thanks for posting a new family favorite recipe.Reply
see 12 more