Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Such an easy cake! It starts with a cake mix, but comes out with a from scratch look and taste.I believe this came from 101 things to do with a cake mix cookbook.
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box golden vanilla cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 2 (3 1/2 ounce) boxes instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup warm water
- 2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 drops green food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup cold milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cool Whip
- preheat oven 350.
- In a large bowl mix,cake mix,1 box of pudding,eggs, water,vegetable oil,food coloring. Pour batter into greased pan or pans depending on if you'd like to make this a layer cake. This recipe is versatile. Bake 35 min or until tooth pick comes out clean at center in 9x11 pan or follow pan baking times on back of mix if making layer cake.
- chill cake and frost with any frosting or suggested recipe below.
- 1 box pistachio pudding 1 cup milk,beaten with cool whip. Spread over cooled cake.