1/6 Photos of Cake Mix Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
I like to get creative with boxed cake mixes. It's more convenient and less time consuming than making cakes from scratch. The mayonnaise in this cake makes it really moist. You cannot tell the mayonnaise is in it. Since mayonnaise is made with eggs and oil, there is no need to add oil to this recipe and it uses less eggs. Instead of the 3 large eggs the directions on the cake mix box calls for, this recipe calls for 2 large eggs.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Grease and flour a bundt cake pan or a 9x13x2 inch cake pan.
- 3Dump the cake mix into a large mixing bowl.
- 4Add eggs, water and mayonnaise.
- 5Mix by hand or with an electric mixer until well mixed.
- 6Stir the chocolate chips into the cake batter using a large spoon.
- 7Pour the cake batter into the cake pan and spread evenly.
- 8Bake for 35 minutes or until cake is done.
- 9Press the center of the cake in, using a finger.
- 10If it springs back, the cake is done.
- 11If not it needs more baking time.
- 12If using a bundt cake pan, allow the cake to cool for 10 minutes and follow the next 3 steps.
- 13Put a dinner plate or cake plate on top of the bundt cake pan. with the bottom of the plate facing you.
- 14Holding the bundt cake pan onto the plate, turn it over(you may need to use hot pads to do this).
- 15You may need to slightly shake the pan while it is on the plate to help loosen the cake from the pan.
- 16If using a 9x13x2 inch cake pan, insert a toothpick into the center of the cake.
- 17If the toothpick comes out clean, the cake is done.
- 18If you are going to ice/frost the cake, allow the cake to completely cool.
- 19If you don't want to frost/ice the cake you can dust it with powdered sugar.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cake Mix Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1343 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4108.6
- Calories from Fat 1981
- Total Fat 220.1 g
- Saturated Fat 61.5 g
- Cholesterol 433.1 mg
- Sodium 6163.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 546.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 22.4 g
- Sugars 307.6 g
- Protein 52.6 g