Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
I can't recall where I got this recipe I think at Hellmann's website. It's a moist yummy chocolate cake great with peanut butter frosting. My family really loved this cake.
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 2⁄3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 2⁄3 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup Hellmann's mayonnaise
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease and lightly flour 2 9-inch round cake pans, set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer at high speed, beat eggs, sugar and vanilla for 3 minutes or until light and fluffy. Beat in hellmanns real mayonnaise at low speed until blended. Alternately beat in flour mixture with water, begining and ending with flour mixture. Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. On wire racks, cool 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely. Frost,if desired, or sprinkle with confectioners sugar.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
This cake was SO incredibly moist and delicious!! I have never made a cake with mayo before, but I'm tickled to death that I did. (Yep, I'm from the south.) I don't like mayo at all, so I cut the entire recipe down to a third because I didn't want to waste ingredients in case it I didn't like it. Boy, was I surprised! I dusted it with powdered sugar and had some warm with coffee. This will be my go-to chocolate cake recipe from now on. One more thing! I don't drink milk so there's never any in the house unless I'm buying it for a specific recipe. It was SO nice to find a delicious cake that I didn't need to buy milk for! 6 stars!!