Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is the cake that my 4 kids always requested for their birthdays when they were young (and still do as adults).
- In mixer, cream butter.
- Add sugar and continue beating.
- Add yolks, one at a time, and continue beating until fluffy.
- Add the orange juice and zest, alternating with dry ingredients.
- Beat whites to soft peaks and add. Do not beat, just fold them.
- Pour batter into a pre-greased and pre-floured cake pan.
- Bake at 350° for approximately 40 minutes.
- Frost with your favorite chocolate white or butterwhipped frosting.
I just made this tonight and the kids loved it. The orange flavor is a twist to regular cakes. It was a little dry but, it had great flavor not to sweet just right. We had big glass of milk with this. I will make it again.Thank you.
I submitted a correction in the baking temp - from 350C to 350F. This was my 1st time baking a cake from scratch and it turned out well. Lovely texture and a light orange flavor, very dense. I would have liked it to have a sweeter taste & to be moister. I used a 9x13 pan and it was done in 35m. Added orange extract to white frosting to compliment the orange flavor of the cake. We all kids & adults, enjoyed this after dinner, thank you.