Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 1 (3 lb) boneless roast cajun-style turkey
- nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 large green bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large red bell pepper, cut into strips (about 1 cup)
- 1 large onion, halved lengthwise, cut into slices (about 1 cup)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 8 kaiser rolls, split
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F Remove roast from package; lightly pat with paper towels. Discard gravy packet or refrigerate for another use. Lift string netting and shift position on roast for easier removal after cooking.
- Place roast, skin side up, on flat roasting rack in 2-inch deep roasting pan. Spray roast with cooking spray. Bake 1-3/4 to 2 hours, or until meat thermometer inserted in center of roast reaches 170°F
- Let roast stand 10 minutes before removing string netting; carve into thin slices.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium skillet over medium heat. Add green and red peppers and onion; cook and stir 8 minutes, or until tender. Stir in hot sauce and celery seed. Remove from heat.
- Spread bottom halves of rolls evenly with mayonnaise. Top each of the bottoms with 1 slice cheese, 1/8 of the turkey and vegetables and top halves of rolls.