Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from my trusty copy of Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook. Great on crackers or spread on toast.
- 1⁄3 cup cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons Miracle Whip
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced sweet onions
- In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, Miracle Whip, paprika, black pepper, garlic powder, and red pepper with an electric mixer on medium speed till well combined.
- Stir in tuna, bell pepper, and onion. Cover and chill for 3-24 hours.
- Makes 1 1/2 cups spread.
I brought this to a potluck and got tons of compliments and a few people asked for the recipe! I realized at the last minute that I was out of paprika so I just left it out. I used green pepper and red onion. Would be great with any color bell pepper. I used tuna packed in oil, but I think it would be good with water packed as well. I served this with rye and pumpernickle cocktail bread. Thanks! I'll be making this again!