Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found at about.com, posting for safekeeping and for ZWT 9. These will be good as they are or dolled up for a vegetable "burger."
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 portabella mushrooms, large
- In a wide shallow dish, mix together all ingredients except olive oil and mushrooms.
- Lightly coat or brush both sides of the mushrooms, then dip in the spice mixture until thoroughly coated.
- Place mushrooms on the barbecue and grill on each side until done.
Yummy and easy! I am going to mix the cajun spice in with the olive oil and brush the mushrooms while grilling them; I think the flavor will come out more. The cayenne pepper was reduced because of my kids. ZWT9 Made for the Gourmet Goddesses July 2013.
I really enjoyed these spicy mushrooms. I served mine as a burger with grilled red onion and sliced tomato. We used Emeril Lagasse's Creole Mustard Sauce as a condiment, and it was a perfect combination. I had a bit more spice mixture than was necessary so ended up throwing some of it away since the shrooms had rolled in it. I would definitely make these again. I think melted pepper jack cheese would be nice on top. Made for ZWT9.
Scaled this down using one portobella. Great flavor. Thanks! Made for ZWT#9 2013 by a Hot Stuff team member.